West Central Florida C.O.P.S.
Our Mission of COPS:
- To offer support and provide resources to assist in the rebuilding of the lives of surviving families and co-workers of law enforcement officers killed in the line of duty.
- To address the emotional, pyschological, financial, and legal needs and problems that arise from the loss of a loved one.
- Provide training to law enforcement agencies on survivor victimization issues.
- To educate the public of the need to support the law enforcement profession and it’s survivors.
- To increase the public’s appreciation of the daily sacrifices made by law enforcement officers and their families.
COPS Programs include:
- Summer camps for surviving spouses or guardians with children age 6-14 years of age.
- Scholarships for surviving spouses and children under 30 years of age
- Parent’s Retreats held in the shores of the beautiful Lake of the Ozarks
- Conferences held in Washington D.C. during National Police Week in May of each year.
- Wilderness Experience for surviving children ages 15-20
- Surviving Spouses’ Getaway provides surviving spouses an opportunity to network with other surviving spouses away from their children.
- Siblings Retreat is a weekend where brothers and sisters have access to mental health professionals and can meet others who lost a sibling in the line of duty help deal with their pain.
Our Chapter Includes:
- Manatee, &
- Sarasota Counties.